Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Moon


In my house you cannot go 24 hours without seeing or hearing something about "Twilight" anyone that does not know what "Twilight" is - must not have a teenage girl and her mom! I had heard about this great book and decided to read it myself, after I read the first book I begged Rachel to read it. She had never read a whole book for fun, it was 2 weeks before Twilight came out in the movies and she still hadn't read the book so I gave her a challenge. If she read the whole book before the movie came out, I would take her out of school the day the movie came out and take her to see it. The challenge worked - she read the whole book. From then on Rachel has loved Vampires - she now has a whole collection of Vampire books and she reads all the time. Kaitlyn being the opposite of Rachel has chosen to love wolves (since Rachel loves vampires - that only makes sense).

Several weeks ago I got a crazy idea from Rachel and Kaitlyn and ran with it. I bought "New Moon" tickets for the midnight opening show! We went with Paige and Maria Torbit. Maria and I are not night owls - thankfully we had each other to keep us awake. We all loved the movie! There were some "cheesy" parts to it, but compared to the 1st movie it was so much better. There was more humor and the movie wasn't slow, the wolves were amazingly real. It was great - Rachel has a count down already for the next movie in the series "Eclipse". Although, I do not wish to go to another midnight movie - I was so tired the next day it was unreal!

2 comments:

Cindy Killebrew said...

I loved it too! I agree it was so much better. You girls ROCK

Elizabeth said...

Your such a great mom! Your girls love you for doing this with them and just think of the awesome memories you are going to have. At least this movie was worth staying up for. It was GREAT!

Geo Caching