Monday, September 7, 2009

Yikes - I haven't blogged about my new job!

I have several updates to blog so on this great Labor Day Monday - I plan to do some serious catching up! Reporting back from a blog sometime ago - I did get the job offer to work at the City of Rosenberg, I applied for Building Plans Examiner and received the job as Building Inspector. I am the primary inspector for the city if I am overloaded then I can get help from several different people. Currently we have several subdivisions under construction for residential and we have some nice sized commercial construction sites, then there is the typical remodels, additions and pools that are under construction as well. I really like my job the people I get to work with are great and I am having a lot of fun! At 5pm I get to go home and for the most part I dont have to worry about work! The funny part for me is to meet a new contractor on a job site - in Fort Worth for the most part everyone knew me or knew of me and I had gotten away from the "There is a girl inspector!" shock from the builders. But here in the small town outside of Houston, I get the response on a weekly basis.

No comments:

Geo Caching