Sunday, January 11, 2009

Calling for all Cake Critics

My mom realized that I really wanted to learn to decorate cakes, so for Christmas I got everything I needed to begin. So this weekend I made a 3 tier whimsical cake - of course the critics in my house (my girls) were very pleased - they loved it! I'm thinking there is still lots for me to learn. Rylee said that its ok to keep practicing (she loves cake!). To my suprise - today in church I learned that there will be a cake decorating contest on Jan 30... so any advice will be appreciated!

4 comments:

Aunt Patty said...

Michelle, Michelle, Michelle. For as long as I have known you, when you get an idea in your head, you go for it and whatever always turns out right. I say - go for it!! Besides I don't remember who did the spider cake but with their help you will go far. Oh yeah your cake looks really good!!!! With a little practice you can sell your designer cakes.

CourtneyB said...

That is amazing! I love the color combinations and all the cute patterns. Thumbs up from me! (:

Cindy Killebrew said...

Girl, that looks great! So girly too! You have to tell me how the contest goes!

Happiness is Homemade said...

That's awesome yeah I made an Oreo cake for Todd's birthday and it turned out really good, except for the decorating part. I'm a better baker than decorator. Maybe we should team up.

Geo Caching