Saturday, March 7, 2009

Me vs Lawnmower

With John being gone so much - I have found that we are not communicating like we used to. Its really tough having a husband only on the weekends and I have made the mistake of teasing and saying that I am a single mom - this is not a good idea to tease in front of the kids - for some reason they start to repeat you to their teachers - such as Kaitlyn trying to tell her teacher that she didn't have time to finish her homework because she had too many chores - she HAD to help her single mom!!

This weekend John and I got in to a fight regarding the decision to buy a new lawnmower - my side is: Lawnmowers cost too much - both of our incomes have been reduce drastically. Johns side (as usual) was simple: My lawn must look good. And that was our fight - I gave him a dirty look and left the room, refused to talk to him for about an hour and then I asked him if he was hungry and SOOOO we went out to eat instead of getting a lawnmower.

10 comments:

Cindy Killebrew said...

Good times! I always feel better after eating a good meal I didn't have to prepare.

happyhubbub said...

Hey Michelle - I've got something I need to mail you. Email me your address!

Happiness is Homemade said...

You dork! That didn't solve much did it? You still spent the money and now you still don't have a lawn mower! Can you borrow one for someone in the ward? And you really shouldn't set your self up. Those kids know how to work the system. I love it!

mamawolf said...

OK, So now how are you going to mow your yard? Do you have an old mower? Inquiring minds want to know.
He can't help it. Look at all those years with the Rangers.

Anonymous said...

ahh... touchy subject indeed. I have to steal from two other comments tho. while eating is a short term solution ya still got that yard glaring at you...smug yard. perhaps hitting up a pawn shop for a cheaper mower? if anything else...get out there with scissors! lol it's the trifecta...family time...excercise...yard work. *sigh* aren't you lucky to have a brilliant nephew like me!

Kirchner Family said...

Kathy is right - I am a dork! But - John doesnt need a lawnmower - he used to work for the Rangers - he can weedeat it! Which is exactly what he did!

Kirchner Family said...

Hey - Wildwesthome - sorry to ask but who are you!!???

happyhubbub said...

Surely you clicked on our website and saw our GLORIOUS pictures of our GORGEOUS children????? On the about us page?

Hello?

It's US!!! And I'm trying REALLY hard to not use our real names cut we're not all brave like you guys about that stuff. Come on...Arlington...John was Cakes and there was Tre' and then there was...

And you were my roommate for a little bit? And we all went to each others weddings that summer? And we saw all the Rangers games together thanks to John? I hope this is ringing a bell. I'll be devastated if you've forgotten us.

Hello???

Click on my blog and send me an email!

happyhubbub said...

Hmmm...it used to link directly, now you have to click on the web page link under contact. Sorry 'bout that. www(dot)wildwesthome(dot)com

Amy said...

I'm with John...get the poor boy a mower!

You can find them at a good price on Craig's List...and sometimes Lowes & Home Depot has decent refurbished ones. That's how we got ours for $70!

Didn't he mow for the Rangers? It's in his blood!

Geo Caching