Saturday, January 23, 2010

Be Strong & of a Good Courage


Book Mark Created by Jill at: http://jillsldsyw.blogspot.com

This years Young Women & Young Men theme is truly inspired.

I am so privileged to work with the youth of our church. I was talking to the girls the other day and I realized that when I was a young women my leaders told us that we were chosen for this time, this dispensation. They taught us that we were chosen for this time due to our great strength, that the world in my day was going to be tough and we needed to rely on the Lord for help to make it back to him. Looking at these wonderful youth of today and at first I think - my time wasn't near as hard of a road as they have it. We didn't have cell phones, the Internet, facebook, text messaging, or any of these amazing gadgets that occupy our youths lives. All of a sudden I realize that I was born in my time, to help raise my youth of today that they can grow and learn to find their savior in a world that seems to go at warp speed. Which makes me realize that I need to be stronger and have more courage as well.

Parents - we need to realize that this years theme for the Young Women and Young Men is for US also - if the youth see us working on our Strength and Courage then it will make it easier for them to have Strength and Courage.

So I am making it my goal that I will work harder to read my scriptures, fast and pray, give service, and grow closer to the Lord - by doing these things I know that my Strength and Courage will be stronger and that the Lord will be with me withersoever I go.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks so much for sharing. As a mom of little ones I know I need to be strong and of a good courage to help teach them to survive in these difficult times. I appreciate the reminder.

Unknown said...

SO good!!! What an uplifting post. Love it! How are things....I am interested in how things have been since our last conversation!!!

Geo Caching